Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Life Goal: Half Marathon!

Ever since I started running 8 years ago (and I am not a very fast one by any means, but I can hold my own and go for awhile!) I have wanted to run a half marathon. I have thought about it and thought about it. I feel I'm in the best shape I've been in in years and my mind is ready to tackle the challenge as well.

But there's a catch. I'm not registering for any half marathons.

I know, all the motivation for actually completing one comes with the fact that it's a big "race" and that lots of people are there and there's a real course.


My little sister Mary and I have decided we are just going to go for a "13.1 mile run" which I have gracefully deemed our half marathon. Neither of us want to, at this point in our running careers, register for an actual half, so we're creating our own course with which we are comfortable with. Ellen's boyfriend Cody has also decided to run with us, so it's going to be a good run!

We set a date and are going to stick to it: June 23rd! I'm very excited!

Has anyone ever gone on a "13.1 mile run?" Have you ever lots motivation to complete it? What has kept you motivated?

Just because it's not a "real" race, we still have a date and are motivated for the challenge. She's in track right now, so she's going to be really ready. I'm going to be looking up training tips online and have been sticking to my regular workout routine.

Of course, I wouldn't be able to do this by myself, I'm glad I have Mary and Cody for support. It's going to be a lot of fun training and working hard together for this!

I know a lot of you have run them before and your stories are so inspiring! What has kept you through it? Was it worth it?

Time goes by so quickly, and there will be a day where I will not be able to run. I am so excited to embrace this and keep working as hard, even if I'm not the fastest, I do have endurance!

I'll keep you guys updated from time to time on my progress. This has always been something on my bucket list and I'm so excited that I'm going to be able to check it off in just a few short months!

Have wonderful Tuesdays!

~Susan


3 comments:

  1. I love this! What a great idea for you guys! Can't wait to hear how it goes! I ran my first and only one last August. It was worth it be able to say I did it, but if I never do another one I'm ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brave you !!
    I love it !

    have you seen my latest post ?
    http://v-fashionwise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. came across your blog! I love it. I just completed my first half marathon this past october. It feels amazing. just get through the training!!

    xo
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!