Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Guest Post: Carly from a simple affair

I'm so excited to have Carly here from a simple affair! She wants to be a teacher, just like me! We've been having a great time talking. She's got such a great eye for all things fashion, decor, style, you name it. She's just plain fantastic! Look at what she's got for us today:

Hello there! Carly here from a simple affair! I have had an absolute blast getting to "know" Susan these past few weeks.  We realized that we are both in Elementary Education and both job hunting at the moment.  Needless to say, we have a lot to talk about.

In other news, I would like to take this time to publicly announce my obsession with stripes and polka dots.  There, I said it, and I feel much better. I also l-o-v-e, LOVE scarves.  Pair them with a casual tee, feminine dress, or a button down.  Stripe and polka dot scarves do not discriminate between wide let pants or skinny jeans.  See why I love them so much? You really can wear them with anything.  They are also an easy way to mix patterns if you're not quite sure how to start.  Polka dots on polka dots? Can do. Stripes on stripes? Yes, yes you can, and you should.  Polka dots and stripes? Now we're talking. 

Here is a roundup of some of my favorite stripe and polka dot scarves. 



 I also like to layer my scarves.  I couldn't decide between two scarves one day so I threw both on.  I loved the added volume and the mix of color and prints.  Why not layer two favorites together??

Other patterns to mix: chevron, houndstooth, ikat, leopard, zebra

Do you love scarves, stripes, and polka dots as much as I do? Are you layering prints?

Thanks so much for having me today, Susan!

xoxo Carly

Carly, you're the best! I want to take all those scarves home with me! Literally...all of them! I hope you all go over to her blog and follow along, she's awesome! 


Have wonderful Wednesdays!


~Susan

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me today lovely lady!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your picks today, Carly! Definitely contemplating purchasing #4- love the pop of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear a scarf everyday! Great round up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all these cute scarves! they add so much color and fun to any outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect scarf selections for Spring! The prints & colors are gorgeous!
    xx
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!