Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Oscar's Night Out!

Oscar's Night Out


I have been a devout fan of the Oscars since I was about 10 years old. We used to have Oscar parties at our house where all of our friends would come over, all dressed up to the nines. My dad would put up a bright light in our front yard and roll out a red carpet for us to walk on. My mom would make hordouerves and then we would watch the red carpet looking for our favorites.

 This year, I want to see what Meryl Streep, Reese Witherspoon, Emma Stone, Kate Winslet are sporting! They've been my favorites on the red carpet in years past and I really hope they don't disappoint this year! Will you be watching?

If I were going to go, I'd wear this year's color of the year! (yes, more tangerine! Are you sick of it yet? I still love it!) I love this Calvin Klein number, it's classic with a new color twist! I'd pair it with neutral heels and a clutch, but I'd want to make a statement with that necklace there. Isn't she a beaut? I love it! I'd go neutral with my nails, but make a statement with red lips too. I wouldn't want Joan Rivers putting me on her bad list!

In addition to watching the Oscars, I'm going to a friend's bridal shower on Saturday, and still continuing my job search process. What are you up to?? Whatever you're up to, I hope you find some time to relax and enjoy the biggest night in film!!

~Susan

15 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous dress, so elegant!

    Have a great weekend :)

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calvin Klein can do no wrong- what a beautiful dress. Have fun watching The Oscar's & at your friend's bridal shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohh Love the coral! Super fabulous! Have fun this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love that dress!!!

    Anna
    www.anewfoundtreasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress and that necklace!

    If you have a chance, enter my diamond earring giveaway :)

    http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2012/02/alexis-russell-is-new-york-jewelry.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that tangerine dress! It is THE color of the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun bright dress!!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. one of my favorite dresses ever!! gorgeous look my dear!! hope you have a fabulous weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! The balance of colors/neutrals is done perfectly! Oh and what awesome parents you have to make such fun memories for you! Sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the calvin klein and the color of that dress is it more coral or orange?? either way it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dress! And that lipstick is killer! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the tangerine color!! Have fun at the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress is so pretty and I´m obsessed with that necklace! Amazing ensemble!

    Happy Monday :)

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is so incredibly chic! Love the color! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!