Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Knitting Update

I was a knitting fiend on my trip! Seriously I thought this afghan was going to knit itself I was going so fast. However, I've kind of hit a lull right now. I've been so busy with reading, practicing and preparing for other things that I've put it on the back burner. But I'm ready to get back on it and keep going! I'm getting pretty close. Well kind of. Here's what it looks like right now:



It's going to be 3 squares by 3 squares, so I'm just about halfway there. It's part acrylic part wool so that I'll be able to wash it easily and it's in a basket weave stitching, which I've always liked and it's rather easy to do. So far I'm loving it and can't wait to keep going. Hopefully I'll be done by Christmas (though I always say that!). It'll be a nice gift to myself that I know I'll enjoy for a long time.

Do you ever start something and then say you're going to finish it right away but it takes you forever and a day? (This may be me on some projects, not going to lie!)

The room is finally coming together, and I have to say for a small space, it's looking pretty good! I have to say, Kate Spade ads in magazines have really helped out my wall! I'm loving it.  Thankfully, my early wake up call was made easier by all of this construction right outside my window. What a joy!

Have terrific Tuesdays everyone!

~Susan

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, just stumbled across your blog! I can't knit at all, so I'm always so impressed by what other people can do. That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The afghan looks great!! I wish I was talented at knitting... maybe when I get some free time this fall I'll try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi i was reading your post, it was such a awesome one specially the snaps well at the end just wanna say nice post thanks. ♥ Headstones for graves | Affordable Markers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!