- Coffee. I won't deny it. I should, but I won't. I love my latte in the morning. It's so refreshing, it perks me up just a tad, and it fills me up with the rest of my morning breakfast. It's a great boost to start my day. If I don't have one, it's not the end of the world, but having one always makes my a day a bit brighter!
- Breakfast. It goes along with the coffee, but still breakfast is needed. Last week, I ran out of time a few mornings and it was awful! I've never done that before and now that has shown me how essential my little bowl of honey nut cheerios is! haha
- Exercise. We've all heard it before, but exercise does keep you awake, focused and absolutely energized! Because of my schedule, it's hard to get it in everyday, but I don't feel bad about that. I think 3-4 days a week for now fits for me. I work to my highest ability and am always trying to reach higher. You don't have to be there for hours to feel good!
- Having leisurely dinners. I mean, what's the rush? We're always trying to do things in such a hurry, which sometimes is a necessity. I rush through things just like everybody else all the time. But lately, I haven't been wanting to. I want to take my time and enjoy my time with the people I'm with and forget about everything else, just for an hour. Having that time, in my opinion, is way more valuable than rushing through to get to that next thing on your plate that "has to get done right now!"
- Relaxing for at least 30 minutes a day. I have always had a ton on my plate. That's just how I roll, I suppose. But I've learned that we can't go, go go all day long, everyday. Trust me, I've done it, and it's just made me sick, which no one wants! So I've found that relaxing for 30 minutes or 45 minutes, or an hour, is so good for you. Whether it's reading a book, knitting, watching TV, talking on the phone, or my new favorite, blogging, use that time just for you and don't let anyone else ruin it for you!
- Sleep. One of the hardest things about the world we live in, I think, is that we always have an excuse to stay up later! I do, all the time. I could be on the computer late into the night, watching reruns of Sex and the City on E! or talking on the phone. We have so much that we're able to use anytime we want, and night is especially appealing (at least for me! Maybe I'm weird, who knows!). But we all have to turn it off eventually and if we can get at least 6 or 7 hours, we'll be so much better off. Trust me, it feels so good!
- Don't be afraid of a little something sweet! Maybe this is just me, but I love to have a little something sweet everyday. It doesn't have to be a big thing, but just something little to enjoy for a few minutes. Whether it's a little chocolate, a fruit tart, or a frozen yogurt, it hits the spot for a long day. We deserve it, right?
So there's a little bit of my life, and why I've been so energized (yet ready for bed at the end of the day)! Do you have any other ways you stay focused and energized? Have wonderful Wednesdays!