Saturday, August 27, 2011

I got a blogger award!

So one of my bloggy buddies, Jess from Avant-Garde Living, who has been keeping up with my blog for awhile now and (and writes awesome comments too!), got a One Lovely Blog Award. Yay for Jess! (She's got an awesome blog, so you all should go check it out too!). Anyway, she linked me for an award too, and I was so psyched! I love finding buds in the blogging community and I've loved reading and learning about Jess, so I'm happy to accept this "award" and share a little info with all of you. So thanks again, Jess!



RULES:

   
•    Link back to the person who gave you this award
   
•    Complete the form below
   
•    Share 7 random things about yourself
   
•    Award 15 bloggers this award and notify them of the award


QUESTIONS:


Name your favorite colour: Is it weird to say it changes all the time? It does! Right now, I'm loving orange. Such a fantastic pop to everything!

Name your favorite song: Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts
Name your favorite dessert: Cake! I also love whoopie pies! and a cup of coffee to go with it






Black or white: Can't go wrong with either one
Your biggest fear: That bad things will happen to those I love most.
Best feature: Probably my positivity (at least I think so) and I'm always willing to listen to anyone at any time.
Everyday attitude: Smile! Embrace the day, no matter what happens and try to make the best out of the cards you're dealt. I'm really a glass half-full girl. 
What is perfection: People still think that exists? Maybe in scenery, but not in people. 
Guilty pleasure: The Bachelor/The Bachelorette...and risotto!

7 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:


  • I didn't really talk till about age 6. Now you can't ever shut me up!
  • I used to not know a thing about dressing well. Seriously. My family tells me that I used to look kind of matronly. Thankfully, I think I've changed that!
  • I'm left handed...and most people are still surprised. Shout out to all the lefties everywhere! (and I do have legible, pretty decent writing, for all those who doubt that lefties can have good writing)
  • In the past two years I've been told that I've developed both a Central Illinois twang and a heavy Chicago accent. Personally, I don't think I have much of either! (ok, maybe I have a little bit of that Chicago accent.)
  • If I could live on one food forever, it would be honey nut cheerios and milk. It's always refreshing to me!
  • I'm caught between wanting to be a city girl and a country girl (although I'll most likely stay a city girl). Is there a happy medium?


  • Thankfully, caffeine doesn't affect me (make me go crazy or stay up too late) like some people, except give me a boost. Coffee, Diet Coke, chocolate...no problems at all!
And now I'm going to give a shout out to 15 ladies whose blogs I love (I know they're all too busy, so no need to re-post, but I thought I'd show you all love anyway!). Be sure to stop by and read all the good things they've got. They're all lovely!

Thanks again to Jess for giving me the shout out. Again, I hope you didn't mind learning more random stuff about 'lil ol' me! I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend! I've been enjoying Corn Fests and late summer heat. Now everyone savor these weekends, they're going by too fast!


~Susan

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, SUSAN!!! :^D That's so exciting! And I appreciate your fondness for orange... :^P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! Loved your post! And Risotto is another one of my guilty pleasures also! And I love that first outfit! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard left handed people are amazing and creative..seriosuly!!


    Congrats on your award! You have a wonderful blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard left handed people are amazing and creative..seriosuly!!


    Congrats on your award! You have a wonderful blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard left handed people are amazing and creative..seriosuly!!


    Congrats on your award! You have a wonderful blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!