|Black Canyon at Gunnison National Park|
- Blue skies. I never underestimate the power of what a blue sky can do to my mood, and goodness those skies in Colorado were the bluest I'd ever seen. The clouds also seemed so close, I felt I could almost touch them! Because of this, I woke up happy everyday.
- Strength and Willpower. Those hikes would not have been feasible if I hadn't had the physical and mental strength to keep climbing. I'm so glad I was prepared for them because if I was not, I would have missed the most beautiful views I've ever seen. They're something I will always remember.
- Great girl chats. While away, I didn't have very much phone or Internet access (which is actually a very nice cleanse. Try it sometime!). The lack of communication made me so ready to talk to people once I got back and last night one of my girlfriends and I had a wonderful chat. One of the best we've had in awhile. I'm glad that I have her and my other friends to lean on and laugh with.
- A cool home. It's days like these where I am really thankful we have air conditioning. I absolutely love heat, but some days, you have to have that air in order to breathe easily. I hope that all of those in who do not have air conditioning or a home to cool themselves find ways to stay cool and beat the heat.
- Patience. I'm glad that I have had this because (while I always need it) it's hard to sit in a car for 12 hours a day for two straight days. It was a long ride, but the rewards were more than worth it and we made it home safely.
- Great neighbors and family. Never count them out, even when it's hard! Our neighbors and family members really came through for us while we were away and took care of everything, without even being asked. Are those the best or what? Always remember to appreciate them. They do more than enough!
- Wonderful readers. Thank you all again for sticking with me and keeping up with a little ray of Sunshine. I'm so blessed to have you all, and I absolutely love reading all about you. So keep up all the good things that you're doing! And thanks for keeping up with crazy, little me!