Monday, August 8, 2011

7 Blessings

  1.  Family Support. This week, I've been feeling the pressure of the year approaching. My to-do-list seems endless and I can't ever seem to finish it! My family has been so incredibly supportive, helping me with whatever I need. My mom and dad have been saints dealing with my freak outs (they're the best) and my aunt spent a whole day helping me with my resumé. They all want to see me succeed and I am so thankful for all of their help and love.
  2.  Lovely sounds. For those who don't know me, you should know that I LOVE music of all kinds. We were lucky enough to see some of the greatest cellists of our time live this week. Seeing music live brings it to life and is a completely different experience than just listening to it on your iPod. Go see music live! It doesn't have to be expensive and it's a fun experience
  3.  Random Acts of Kindness. I don't know if this week was just luck or that someone in the sky was really watching out for me because lots of good things happened this week from people I haven't seen in years. It really made my day that these people, who I haven't spoken to or seen in so long, did such nice things for me and my family. I cannot thank them enough. Never let those random acts of kindness from people go unnoticed. It's one of the nicest gifts you can get!
  4.  Girls Nights In/Out. Because my time here is coming to an end, I'm spending as much time with my girls as possible, whether we're having a relaxing night in with a little wine watching Ashley pick her true love or having a night out on the town. Either way, I've been having so much fun with my girls and I'm definitely going to miss them once the year starts again. 
  5.  Finding Simplicity in the Everyday. Things have been very low key and mellow around here since we got back from our trip. I've been sincerely happy everyday because of the simple things in my life: making dinner with my mom, going for runs with my sister, or reading a book on the back patio. It's the simplest things that are making me the most happy right now. It's just a constant reminder of how much I want to keep my life simple.
  6.  Persistence. I've been having a few setbacks lately, but I've been persisting through them and I'm not going to give up until I find a solution, no matter how much trouble they have been causing me. It's all going to be ok!
  7. Staying Calm...almost. This goes along with the persistence thing. I'll say it: I've been frustrated. I have freaked out a couple of times, but eventually I put things into perspective and take a few deep breaths. That's really all we need anyway, right? I've been learning that our problems are only as big as we make them, and I need to keep reminding myself not to get upset and just stay calm. Easier said than done, but I'm working on it!
Have a lovely start to the week everyone! Hopefully this week will go slow (I don't want to rush it, sue me!) so I can accomplish everything on my list.

~Susan

4 comments:

  1. i love a family that is so supporting and helping you out susan! it can be hard to saty calm but just have to breathe and like you said just put things in perspective! enjoy the nights out with your girls! and random acts of kindness are just wonderful aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's not life without a few minor freak outs from time to time! It's how we remember we are still only human! Enjoy the few weeks you have left!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the list!! so great to be thankful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!