- Safety. All of my friends and I arrived safely back this past week. I'm so glad everyone got here safely, especially since there were big storms on the way. Now everyone's just getting back into the groove and it's so great to see everyone and be back.
- Security/"some things never change:" Whenever I start a new year, or come home for that matter, I always expect things to be different than the way I left them. Well, thankfully, coming back here, everything just picks up where it's left off, and that is such a comfort. Even though some change is good, I love that some things do never change around here. From the food, to my church and the lovely people there, and of course my crazy friends, I know it's going to be a wonderful/bittersweet last year.
- Phone calls with the fam: I always miss them when I'm gone, but our phone calls make up for it and I can be talking with them for an hour and not realize it. They're such a support system for me, especially when I'm here, and having all of their support and stories after my first week with the kiddos was more than I could ask for.
- Food on my
desktable: I've spent the past week eating peanut butter sandwiches and lean cuisines. That's it. I've kind of been complaining about it, until I realized that some of my kids at school can't even some nights get food on their tables for the whole week. I wish I could bring them here and give them my dinners, but I know I never can. So for now, I can just be thankful for what I do have and just hope that they too can find ways to get everything they need, food included.
- Patience: Though I know somedays I will be tested, I am glad that I have patience and understanding to be able to help these kids with their work and their goals. I know it's not going to be easy, or immediate for that matter, so I am thankful that I have patience, and even when I do get frustrated, I just have to remember that everything will work itself out in time.
- Energy! I never thought I could need/exert this much energy, but I really have! I'm glad that I've found it all inside me so that I can let out my excitement and enthusiasm for learning every single day. Although I am wondering when my breaking point will be haha. It's tiring!
- Finally realizing I can't "do it all:" This has always been something I have struggled with. I have always wanted to be that person who is always there, always helping and contributing and always there with a smile ready to work at a moment's notice for anybody. Or I have the problem of picking up jobs I don't have time to do just because other people won't do them. Well, after all these years, I'm finally realizing that I can't do it all. I do have to let some things slide and know that others can take care of them too, it doesn't have to be me. I finally know that I shouldn't overburden myself and still have fun to enjoy, relax, eat, blog, practice, be social and of course sleep! I know probably loads of you out there are just like me, wanting to do it all. It is awesome having that feeling of accomplishment when you finish, saying, "I just did so much today." But really, how much is too much? I'm finally realizing that I'm only human and I can't let the weight of everything ride on my shoulders. Don't get me wrong: I'm still going to do as much as I can, but just not overburden myself to a bad point. Is anyone else out there like this, wanting to do it all, all the time? I applaud you guys, I really do! But just know that if we take a little less, I think we're all going to be just fine, too.
P.S. Even though it's Monday ------>