Monday, August 15, 2011

7 Blessings...and a little nostalgia

Ahhh I cannot believe I am here. again. for the last time. Here in the place where I've grown up, matured, laughed, cried, celebrated...you know the drill. I'm here in my new little hole in the wall. Literally it's a hole. But it's a nice one, and I'm actually taking a break from unpacking to write this up, I couldn't help it. So here they are, this week's 7 blessings:


  1. Alum Choir Success. My high school friends and I started an alum choir this summer, not knowing that we would hold a concert at the end of the summer. We held it back in our high school auditorium, where everything began. We invited teachers, nuns (I went an all-girls Catholic high school, they're so sweet!), parents, and friends. It was a great success and I was so proud of our little group. It's a new tradition that I know is going to last for a long time, and I love it.
  2. Girl Days. My mom, sisters, aunt and I had a wonderful day in the city. We walked, took a water taxi, ate some delicious cupcakes and sipped a lovely cocktail. These are the times I'll never forget and we always have such fun together. I know I talk about my family a lot, but I just can't survive without them! They make my life so much better, brighter, and fuller and I am so blessed to have the time together.
  3. Help! As I'm getting ready for my first "job" (well student teaching, so it's kinda a job!), I'm getting lots of help and support from friends, family and my amazing teacher I'm working with. I'm having a few freak outs, but I couldn't have asked for better help. I can't wait to meet the kids on Thursday!
  4. Faith. I don't really talk about my faith a lot on here, but I've been leaning on it a lot lately. There's just so much going on in this little world that needs prayers, belief, and a good amount of faith. I've never been so confident in my faith and beliefs and I know that I'm standing on solid ground. And that's really comforting, especially at this time in my life.
  5. Beautiful summer days/nights. These days have been nothing short of perfection. I have loved taking advantage of them and been lucky not to be in any strenuous heat or storms. My thoughts go out to all of those who are in the middle of any of this. Stay strong!
  6. My education. Words really cannot say how much I am thankful for this education. It has been more than just classes in brick buildings. It has been a real, emotional, educational journey and I have loved every second of it. The good times and the bad times. I know that I am a better person because of it and those in my life enough for all of their support. It's been the best. 
  7. Music. No classical music talk this week. This week, I've been addicted to my country. That's right. Addicted. A random song always has a good message, or advice that I say to myself, "That feels like me right now." It really does. So yes. Country. and Jack Johnson. If you need a little pick-me-up in the music department, that's my medicine! It helps.
So there we have it ladies. This week's 7 blessings. And don't mind my college nostalgia. I'll try to keep it to a minimum, I promise! In the meantime, I'm going to tackle all these boxes. Ugh, it never ends! Good thing Bachelor Pad is on tonight. That's a good stress reliever, right?

~Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!