Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Highlight(s)

Happy Monday friends! I have to say this was quite a wonderful weekend! It was so insanely busy, but I had so much fun! My friend married her best friend, and I'm so happy I was able to see it. The ceremony and the reception were just so beautiful. And so was my friend the bride!

Yes, my dress is almost too similar in color to hers! I felt awful, (I knew I should've worn black!) but no one said anything, so I guess I'm ok right? I forgot she said it was off white...

But she was gorgeous, and my friends and I had a wonderful time! The table was beautiful (flowers in Mason jars and coffee beans to take with), toasts with Pellegrino, and one of the best dances to Loveshack I've had in a while!

Also this weekend, I spent time in the sun. It was 85 here yesterday! Yes, it was! I spent time with these lovely ladies below. My friend Kelsey, who is the recent baldy in the picture, shaved her head and gave all of her gorgeous locks to the St. Baldrick's foundation that helps cure kids' cancer. She and five other ladies I knew gave of their hair for the better of kids. These ladies are some of the strongest and bravest I know, and each of them look oh so beautiful.

I also snapped a few pictures of the flowers in my neighborhood. I couldn't resist!

And as if you haven't read enough from me, I'll share a funny story. For months, I thought my camera was broken, so I haven't been using it. It would take pictures but you couldn't see what you were taking a picture of. I was so upset a few months ago when I discovered it. Flash forward four months: my friend Ella at the wedding was going to take a picture and I said it was on the verge of death. Low and behold, she pushes the display button and what comes back to life? My camera! Works perfectly!! Sometimes pushing the wrong button is all it takes! I can't thank her enough :) So don't give up on your technology the minute it goes haywire!

What did you do this weekend? I hope whatever you did you had a wonderful one!

 ~Susan

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness looks like such a lovely wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your dress and nail polish! what color IS that!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I bought Ole Caliente at your recommendation. And I am obsessed now too!

      Delete
  3. Flowers in mason jars-- love that! Yall looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using mason jars in weddings. Everything at the wedding looks amazing. I think your dress was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress! You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!