Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Fancies: Picnic in the Park

picnic




Since I was little, I've always loved a good picnic. We used to have them in the park that our yard backed up to and I have some of the fondest memories from those picnics. Now, when I think of a picnic, I have more romantic thoughts in mind (that's not bad right?). I think this linen dress is light and perfect for when it gets a bit warmer. I love these striped blazers and I like nude wedges with those gorgeous Kate Spade bangles. Is it just me or has Kate Spade gotten amazing in the past year? They've really done a beautiful job with all of their creations! I'd stuff everything in my L.L.Bean bag, because those things can hold everything. I love a good picnic! Hopefully I'll get in a few good ones when I venture out to Ravinia this summer! (outdoor music festival in the Chicago area. If you've never been, make it a goal to go this year!)

On another note, I am officially done with school!! (I'm trying to keep cool and collected...not happening! Also, that's why I was MIA all week. Papers and presentations got the better of me). So now that I'm done, I'm officially jobless, but that means the search is just beginning and I know that I can make my dreams realities. My friends, family and sites like The Everygirl and Makeunder My Life keep me going. I know that I will find the right fit for me, whenever and wherever that is. I'm willing to put in all of the hard work to make it happen, and I'll keep you all updated when I do find one. I'm really excited to start this next chapter in my life, really, really excited!

As for now, I'll be enjoying the weekend, sharing Chicago with a few friends. We're going to the CSO on Sunday to see Kissen play the piano, which will be amazing and I'm going to show them all of the amazing little bits and pieces that makes Chicago so great. What are you up to this weekend?

Whatever it is, have a happy one! and check out the other gorgeous fancies over at Long Distance Loving!

~Susan

13 comments:

  1. I love the blazer! Congrats on finishing school, exciting times ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that blazer's amazing! want. and I love the Kate Spade bangles, too - I've got a couple enamel ones already, but a girl can always have more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations with school! YAH!!! Enjoy your time in Chicago! Great city! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need that blazer right now! So so cute. Congrats on finishing school, and best of luck to you moving forward!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being finished with school! I adore wearing linen dresses and tunics when it is warm. This one paired with the blazer is super cute. Come over and enter my Kate Spade giveaway. Happy Friday!
    XO,
    Hannah
    www.hannahandbryan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd easily wear this entire outfit! Loving the nautical blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that striped blazer! Congrats on being done with school. Such a freeing feeling! Good luck with the job search!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit, and CONGRATS! You will do amazing things in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a HUGE accomplishment! That striped blazer is the perfect cute, casual, grown up look staple now that you have graduated school!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously now, can we just call it a weekend and meet in the park for a picnic?! Because this is the cutest outfit in the history of outdoor outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the outfit. The blazer is very nice. I would love to go on a picnic.

    Stop by our blog and enter our Giveaway for a personalized necklace by Sima.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that jacket is stunning... I haven't seen many like that!

    hope you had a great weekend! {I have a giveaway going on right now & would love for you to enter! amyreneonline.com}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow this outfit is perfect! I hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!