Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Only better with Age

Happy Birthday to my Grandpa, Phil, who turns 85 today!


Wow, 85, I've finally discovered today that that's a big number.

My grandpa is so incredibly special to me. He always gives me the best advice. He taught me how to play tennis, how to take a spelling test, map our way around our first trip to Marshal Field's, find the perfect milkshake, have too much fun, spend lots of time outside, be a little reserved, appreciate different genres of classical music, watch sports all day long on TV, and to use correct grammar. He's always been my motivator, one of my biggest fans. He has faith in me when I don't have faith in myself. I love him so much and I wish that he has another great year and gains strength back to be able to move around better.

He's had 85 incredible years and I know that he's bound to have some great years ahead too!

Isn't it funny sometimes how you never think of someone as that old and then it just hits you! Have you ever experienced that? I do think though that, in ways, he's gotten better with age (actually I believe several family members of mine have!). He's wiser, hilarious, humble, and so incredibly sweet!  Although the past year has been a difficult one, I know that he can push hard to make this next one even better!

Though I can't be there to celebrate with him, I wish him the best year yet!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

 ~Susan

5 comments:

  1. that was soooo sweet.
    you are very kind so say all that wonderful stuff about your grandpa
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet, I hope he had a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love all the memories you have had (will have) with him! My grandparents always lived far away, so my memories are far and few between. xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your grandpa! He looks so sweet! I wish mine were around. Enjoy every minute x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww happy birthday to your Grandpa! Yay to good years ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!