Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm totally down with more Downton!

Recently, as in over the weekend recently, I became addicted to the show Downton Abbey. Do any of you guys watch it? It describes the tails of a Lord and his family, and all of their servants, at their huge place of residence, Downton Abbey. It takes place in Edwardian England, right before and during WWI. I honestly just can't get enough! It's been on for a few years and I don't know why it has taken me this long to jump on the wagon, but I'm so down with Downton!

The plot is so addicting and I'm absolutely in love with the clothes. Seriously, can we just have one day where we go back in time and can wear whatever we want from a certain era? Because I would definitely sport a few of these "frocks," as they refer to them on the show:
Source: clickztrax.com via Bob on Pinterest

Ok, so I'm kind of obsessed with Lady Mary's clothes. And don't they look fabulous when they're shooting for Vogue? Ahh!
Also, I'm totally keen on some of the guys. I mean, come on. How could you not be?
Source: bit.ly via Philomena on Pinterest


I could go on and on all day, but I'll spare you all and let you find out for yourselves. So who watches it? I'm already on Season 2 and it's my little break for keeping me sane!

What's the tv show that does that for you?

 Happy Tuesday!

 ~Susan

8 comments:

  1. we just got netflicks and this is one of the first shows I want to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great minds think alike! a few days ago I literally went through and repinned those images from others as well. it is killing me waiting for season 3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched this show yet but everyone is telling me how amazing it is. I can't believe it's produced by PBS...haha.

    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's almost as good as brothers and sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always hear amazing things about this show, but I still haven't made an attempt to watch it. I'm loving all the fashion pieces though, like that jacket in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Downton Abbey and completely appreciate the clothes as well! Sometimes, it's not so much that I want to wear their clothes, just that in modern times we put some more time into our own!THat said, putting effort into your outfits might be easier if we had servants to style our hair xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh I haven't heard of it but I seriously need a new show!!!!! Got to check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Downton Abbey! We actually went and visited Highclere Castle the other day and it's just as gorgeous in person!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!