Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"I'm Cleaning out my closet!"

(remember when that was a song? Way back when? Ok yes moving on!)


Yes, it's that time that I've been both dreading and looking forward to: cleaning my closet. Seriously it's been such a long battle. Thankfully, a few weeks ago, the lovely Liz from Sequins and Stripes gave advice on how to organize her closet, so I might take her advice. Though, while we're on the subject of closets, I love looking at these gorgeous walk ins. Do you know anyone who has a big walk in? I'd die. (if I have courage I might show before and afers. But right now, the shame is too high!)
S




Source: tinyurl.ms via Kelly on Pinterest


My closet looks nothing like this. It does need some TLC though, like cute new knobs and purging of items that are pretty old. I quite like the second and third! What would your dream closet look like?

How do you organize your closet now? Any tips? Seriously I'm looking for a new system that will work. So, please, help!

~Susan

7 comments:

  1. My God Susan these closets are amazing! Wish I could get one for my bday or Xmas :) The way I organize my clothes is by item (aka Jackets then pants then tops etc) and these in turn are organized by color. It's super helpful and easy on the eyes. Hope that's helpful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, I could seriously live in that first closed. Obsessed. Thanks for sharing, love.

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to have a space a like this! Love numbers one and two :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These closets are to die for!! I would love to have that much space, and that many shoes to fill up the space! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE to have a giant closet the size of a room! Unfortunately, ours is ridiculously tiny. I got rid of the clothes I haven't worn for about three months, and now I have about 1/3 of my clothes left...which is barely anything now! It makes me feel so much better since everything isn't crammed all over the place, and I feel like I can breathe. I'd like to take the time to paint my closet and put framed photos in it, but it's just so small, and we're in a rental. Just not sure if it's worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. someday I will have a beautiful closet like these :) Hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would die for a huge walk-in closet. Pretty sure my "walk-in" (a.k.a. I can only take about 5 steps) doesn't really count as a legit walk-in! One day I'll have one of these closets. A girl can dream, right? ;)

    Check out my blog! ramblingsfromyourstruly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!