Thursday, June 30, 2011

Peculiar Professions

So tonight I had the opportunity to see Cirque du Soleil for the first time. If you've never been, it's definitely worth seeing! These people know how to entertain! I could've watched these acrobats ride unicycles on tightropes and bounce up from trampolines onto rock walls for hours, it was insane. What some people can do with their bodies is unbelievable (especially since I'm one of the most inflexible individuals on the face of the earth).

But as I was sitting there during intermission, in awe of all of these performers, I was wondering how these people decided that they wanted to be in these shows. I mean I guess it's like anything else: you can just be drawn to it. But what if someone asked you on the street what your profession was and you said, "Well, I'm an acrobat for a living." I think it's awesome, but tt's really not something you hear everyday. In fact, I usually never really hear much about acrobats unless the circus is in town.



The key thought is that these people must love what they do. And we all love watching them! This may sound like a really stupid question, but has anyone ever met anyone with a career that was so out of the box in your opinion? What was it? The subject fascinates me because I love hearing about people and what they decide to love and pursue, especially if it's different from the "norm". There's so much out there that I don't even know exists, so it's always fun to learn more.

But seriously, if you're in Chicago, go see Cirque du Soleil's new show OVO. It's pretty cool!

~Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!