Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm a budget friendly coffee addict...

I absolutely love, love LOVE coffee! I used to only like it in certain forms, but now I'm all over the coffee map. I have to say though, there is nothing like a good latte, whether first thing in the morning or late at night. There is nothing wrong with going out for a latte every once in awhile, but they have gotten so expensive! It's ridiculous. I love Peet's and Starbucks, but unfortunately they are a little out of my budget right now.

espresso maker from Bialetti
only $20!
My dad is extremely budget savvy, and my mom has learned a lot from him. A few years ago she bought a Bialetti stovetop espresso maker. Best purchase ever! I know people buy really expensive, gorgeous makers, but this one is budget friendly and makes really delicious espresso. Ok, so that was great. But recently, my mom got us a Capresso milk foam frother and heater. This machine does exactly what Starbucks does (maybe better): gives you the frothiest, most delicious foam! It definitely takes your latte to the next level.
for $60, it's a good buy!
it makes the most delicious foam
in just 3 minutes!

So I challenge you my friends, if you are as in to coffee as I am and what a  delicious latte at the fraction of the, invest in some of this stuff! It may cost you a little in the beginning, but if you do the math, you will realize how much you are saving making unbelievably delicious coffee and lattes at home. It really does make a difference. Your friends will be so jealous, so you may even start a trend! Also, if you want to spend a bit more, you can invest in your favorite flavoring. They sell them at specialty grocers and it will give you coffee or latte the extra kick that you want.

Are you a stay-at-home coffee person or a Starbucks addict? Neither is an issue, but if you want to save a few bucks, I highly recommend a stovetop expresso maker and a milk frother! You won't regret it!

Happy Tuesday! (and Go CUBS! I'll be at tonight's game, my first of the season!)

~Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!