Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day



Today is the first day of May, or in my house May Day! May Day has a special place in my heart because when we were little, my mom always had us pick flowers from our garden and fill them in soup cans, attach a ribbon, and run over to our neighbors' houses and leave the flowers on the door handle, then ring the bell and run. I was scared to do it when I was little, but it's such a beautiful tradition. Our neighbors always loved it. We don't do it as much any more, but we still associate May Day with lots of gorgeous flowers that bloom in our garden and I think that this year we're going to get especially lucky. Did you ever celebrate May Day?

I do love the month of May! It always gets me really prepared for summer, and motivated to set some new goals. I hope all of your Mays are off to a great start!

~Susan

2 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet tradition. I love it!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!