Monday, May 7, 2012

Sunshine Lately

Happy Monday! I wanted to bring a little sunshine to the picture, since literally this weekend I've felt we've lived in Seattle. It rained literally all weekend. That damp, cold, rain. Rain's all well and good sometimes, but I don't want to feel too attached to my bed (I guess the fact that I was sick made me also yearn to see sunshine too!) I woke up this morning to the same dampness, no sun yet again.





Though the sun's not out, but I've been finding my sunshine by eating fresh oranges, drinking hot lattes with a homemade cookie, and spending mornings slowing down a bit more than usual. Where are you finding your sunshine lately?

I spent the weekend recovering from a bad cold, so I  re-watched Downton Abbey (both seasons, three days, pure bliss). Nothing too exciting to report, although I loved this year's Derby winner! How deserving for I'll Take Another. Did you know that he was named after the fact that his owner will always take another cookie? Oh the things we learn!

Here's to a great week ahead my friends!

~Susan

7 comments:

  1. It's been rainy & gloomy here, too. I need to start watching Downtown Abby. I've heard such great things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hope you are feeling better Susan. I'm finally getting over my cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it sounds like you made the best out of an otherwise gloomy weekend! Hope you're feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah I had to laugh because I used to live basically in Seattle and I visited last week & it rained the WHOLE time & I was so so thankful that I now live in sunny Georgia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homemade cookies and a latte...yum!!!! Hope the sun comes out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea that was where that horse's name came from! How cute!

    I found your blog through the Lovely Letters email. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a beautiful picture -- if only you'd been able to take it yourself! being from england, i'm very used to the rain, so i understand completely! i absolutely love downton abbey and i cannot wait for season 3 to start again in the autumn :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!