Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday Thoughts...and someone special

image via pinterest

I don't know about you, but I don't know how many times I've heard the phrase "good things come to those who wait." I've heard it constantly since I was a kid, but I don't think I've really understood how important that is until now.

 Really, waiting is good and all. In fact, I encourage waiting sometimes. If we act too fast on our decisions we make, they may not turn out so well in the end for us.

 I really think though that it is the doers that feel the best about themselves, their choices, and their relationships. Waiting doesn't always cut it. Doing is always best.

 It often takes a little bit of boldness and a little bit of risk, which I think are perfectly normal. We all need to take a little leap of faith in order to accomplish that! I think that doing always wins the day.

 So take initiative!! It's scary (as I have been realizing) but so worth it. Go out of your comfort zone and take those risks. They'll probably be worth it in the end.

Sorry to have to thought days in a row! But I've needed thoughts this week, and I think it's important to reflect. But on to other business:

It's my dad's birthday today! Happy Birthday Dad!


You're another year older and another year wiser (well you've always been wise to me, but another year wiser none the less). I cannot wait to celebrate with you and eat lots of cake, and since it's your birthday we'll listen to whatever Mozart who like, at whatever volume you like! I love you so much and cannot wait to share yet another year with you. 

My dad has recently started reading the blog, so I thought I'd show him some love here! 

Hope you all have wonderful Thursdays as well! Get excited for tomorrow's Friday's Fancies, it's going to be a treat!

~Susan

4 comments:

  1. That's a great quote Susan - I will definitely keep that in mind. Lovely photo of you and your dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an excellent reminder for today/this week! Hope your dad has a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a nice weekend :)
    great picture, you have a wonderful blog :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!