Literally, I felt like that weekend was just way too darn short. And it was three days. Wow. I want another one! But, I was able to read a book (Heaven is For Real, by Todd Burpo. It's a tear jerker for anyone who's interested. I loved it!), do some window shopping, go for late summer car rides with the music blasting and all windows down, and eat some homemade goodies! Nothing says fall like my mother's Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe to come!). It was really delicious.
But now I'm back and everything is in full swing. But, last night as I was frantically writing plans and taking care of business, I decided that I needed some music to pump me up and get me motivated, as well as keep me line and able to concentrate on my work. Here's what I came up with:
- In honor of fall and football season, the Remember the Titans Soundtrack is so so so good. It's a great pump-up soundtrack, yet is very inspiring and I feel like I can persevere whenever I listen to it!
- I will save you all my gushing of how much I love The Holiday and Love Actually until the Christmas holidays (because get prepared, I will gush!), but I will say that I love those soundtracks too. So pretty and simple. It doesn't distract me at all (except at times when I'm just dying to watch those movies. Other than that, no distraction!).
- Anything Michael Bublé. Yep. Love him. That's it. Oh and Josh Groban too.
- My sisters have really turned me onto Jack Johnson recently. I love his stuff and it's something so fun to listen to that really makes work and stressful things fun. Really, it does. So give him a listen, or revisit him if you haven't listened to him lately. I love it.
- Ok, I'll be sappy again and say that Glee has been working for me also, especially all of those Warbler songs. So so good! Darren Criss is just a cutie, he can't help it! Oh and I want the new season to start! I need a good dose of Glee back in my life!
Fall hit! When did this happen? Good thing I have all my sweaters, so I'm armed and ready if it gets any chillier. Here's to Hump Day everyone!
Have wonderful Wednesdays!