Monday, April 29, 2013

2013, so far

Happy Monday ladies! I can't believe that it's almost May. Seriously. Where'd the time go? And in honor of it being (almost) May, I thought I'd talk about the year so far.

I graduated from college a year ago today. I can't believe it. So much has happened in a year. I can't even believe how much has changed since last May. I moved back home and I started subbing five days after I graduated. In August, I got my first full-time job, and though it has had its challenges, it's been a fun ride so far. Also in August, I started giving piano lessons to one little girl and I now have eight students every week. I babysit, perhaps a bit too much, for several really good families. It's been a whirlwind. and I can't believe it's been a year.

one of my favorites and I at IWU graduation a year ago today
To say that 2013 has had its challenges so far is an understatement. It's been a time of little bits of trial and hardship. My faith has been tested, but I always know that God will provide and His plan will work itself out in time. I've spent a lot of time with my family and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've worked. and worked. and worked. Probably a little too much because I've gotten too many colds this year, like today. But I feel good about all the work I've done so far, and I'm saving a lot, which was one of my goals for the year.

But I've also had my fun (aka one of the most relaxing trips I've ever been on). I've spent so many fun Friday nights cooking, watching too many movies, and getting to know my favorite city once again.

It's been a crazy ride so far and I wouldn't change anything about it. I know that there will still be more challenges that come my way, but I know I can face anything head on and I'd like to think that I've been sticking to this 2013 manifesto (found here). What about you? Have you stuck to your goals this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!