But, before we get there, there's one of the things I hate most: packing. I always try never to forget things, so usually I supplement this with overpacking. Yes. I overpack for everything, even overnights or weekends away. It's bad. But I'm trying to get better and focus on only a few things and not go overboard! Some things that will definitely make appearances in my suitcase:
1. Hanes Men's T-Shirts. At first I thought my sisters were crazy for wearing these for everything, but now I have truly become a believer. They work for absolutely everything, and they're so lightweight, which make them great for packing, and for wearing on a hot summer's day.
2. My Patagonia Pull Over. It's going to get chilly at night so this will be the perfect layer for sitting out and looking up at the stars above the mountains.
3. My Cowboy Boots. I absolutely LOVE them and wear them all year round, but I thought that this trip would definitely be a nice place to wear 'em proud!
4. Books! We are going to be spending lots of time in the car and I am so ready to read and relax. I've got books for pleasure for myself and then books that I'm going to read that my fourth graders will be reading in the fall. I'm so psyched!
5. My knitting needles...and some new wool! Now, how could I possibly head out on a huge trip without bringing my needles along for the ride? I'm finally going to start an afghan that I have wanted to make myself ever since I first started knitting. I'm so excited I'm finally following through with it!
Since this trip is probably the biggest trip we've ever taken, I've decided to make a list of everything I'm bringing just to make sure I don't leave anything either here or at our destination. I saw it on a blog a few weeks back and I thought it would be a good plan for me.
Anyone else have any pre-trip rituals or things that absolutely have to come with them?
I'm so excited! We've been getting lots of tips from friends and neighbors of the best places to check out near Beaver Creek (our first stop) and Durango (our second stop). It's going to be a good trip.
Have a terrific Tuesday! Hopefully no one's as sore as I am today after a tough workout yesterday! You think you're in shape and then the next day....oh well!