Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Fancies: a LBD

Happy Friday friends! This has been the weirdest weather week ever in Chicago. It's been hot every day and the rain just keeps on coming. I love the heat! But we can do without all of these torrential downpours everyday. Not cool!

black dress

Anyway it's the weekend! What better way to start it off than with this dress from Splendid. I love how easy and breezy it is and literally can be dressed in any direction. I didn't really know too much about the brand until they opened their first Chicago store at Westfield Old Orchard yesterday. Everything is butter soft! The prices are a little high for me for basics, but the feel is absolutely amazing and they have really cute items there! I stopped in and caught up with Danielle, Alaina, and Liz (who all looked fabulous sporting Splendid!) and ate a cake pop on my way out, though I could've had about 4 more of the delicious cupcakes and doughnuts they had there! It was a fun time and the store is beautiful. and right next to the J.Crew and Nordstrom (aka danger territory. Just kidding!)

Hope you all have happy weekends!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that dress, you can wear it so many ways, dressed up or dressed down! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!