Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Happy Birthday, Oreos!

Ok, so my family can attest to the fact that sometimes when I find a topic that interests me, or a single fact that I thought was interesting, I share it with just about everybody I know. More than once.

And yesterday I found out that Oreo is celebrating its 100th birthday this year!
Source: via Cloie on Pinterest


Happy Birthday Oreos! Seriously, I love these cookies. They were an after-school treat that made that glass of milk much more enjoyable. They have topped many an ice cream sundae, or my favorite use of them has to be the Oreo Ice Cream Mud Cake that my grandma makes oh so special. They've also inspired the homemade oreos and whoopie pies, and who can complain about any of those things!

So here is my tribute to America's favorite cookie (and I had to go with pins. because you'll probably want one or more of the delicious recipes. or maybe that's just me!):


Source: thekitchn.com via Timmi on Pinterest

Source: yummly.com via Pam on Pinterest





Source: google.com via Sherlyn on Pinterest




Source: pinterest.com via Shawn on Pinterest

Ok so I probably am going to go buy some oreos. Or at least think about buying them! Here's to 100 more years!

6 comments:

  1. Like I needed an excuse to eat more cookies!!! Oreos are so dangerously delicious. I can't even imagine what they would taste like paired with some of these recipes! An oreo inside of a chocolate chip cookie? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I need to go and buy my husband some right now. He loves the double stuffed Oreos! :-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, happy 100th birthday oreo!! I totally have a weakness for oreos - and I've been dying to make those cookie-covered oreos for a while now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to cut out sweets in my diet which naturally means I want all of these cookie recipes asap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you serious??? Love oreo ice cream cake! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love them, I haven't seen Oreo cake but it look hella delicious. I think I will eat some Oreo's today xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!