Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013

So I haven't blogged in months. Work has been the biggest road block in blogging, since Christmas was my busiest time. I had too many Christmas concerts to count, but I relished each one, enjoying the joy on my students' faces and in their voices. It was something I can't wait to experience again next year. But since Christmas break, I have been relaxing to no end. I have spent lots of fun nights with friends, lazy movie nights with my family, and days baking, cleaning and listening to Christmas music. Still. I can't get rid of it! Technically Christmas isn't over until January 6th, am I right?!

2013 has been a year full of blessings: I went on my first cruise, joined a beach volleyball team, finished off a year with a wonderful job and started a wonderful new one, worked a ton, took a small vacation with family, ran my first 15K, celebrated fun nights out with friends and had just as many amazing nights in, and got to spend the holidays with my whole family, where we were all (fort the most part!) healthy. Like all of us, I've had my fair share of roadblocks this year and challenges that have come up in my path, but I still say that this was a fantastic year and I have a good feeling about 2014!

I honestly cannot remember what my goals were for 2013. I never wrote them down! But I feel like I accomplished a lot and I feel great about where I am in my life this year. I feel strong, physically and mentally and am so happy with where I am with my friends and family. I think that so many people beat themselves down at the end of every year and think of everything that they didn't achieve the year before, and feel bad about it. Then people compare their resolutions with others and feel like they should be achieving just as much as those around them. Well, I think that it's OUR YEAR and we can achieve whatever we want because WE WANT TO! Right?

This year, I hope to take more pictures (and then develop them!), run a half marathon, travel more, practice the piano more, learn to be a better cook, and save more money. I would also love to blog more this year, we'll see how that goes!

I hope that 2013 has been a year of blessings for all of you and I pray for more blessings for all in 2014! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. I just pinned that quote yesterday..love it. Happy New Year, Susan - hope it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!