Monday, July 22, 2013

Floriole

Thank you guys all so much for your sweet comments last week! I'm so sorry if I didn't get a chance to reply back to all of them. But I so appreciate all your good thoughts!

For today, I wanted to share with you a gorgeous place to eat and enjoy a little French cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and of course a sweet or too. It's Floriole Café and Bakery on Webster (right down the block from another favorite, Sweet Mandy B's for cupcakes!). You walk into Floriole and it's really a look of California cool meets a sweet little café in Paris with the chalkboard menu, grey painted walls, and industrial type furniture. Oh and the flowers outside are just gorgeous as well!

Their bread was ranked #5 in the nation. #5! You can definitely see why: it's buttery, light, flakey, a little custardy in texture. Aka the most delicious baguette I've ever tasted! Seriously friends go and get one because they don't get better than this. I also had to have a Chocolate and Almond Croissant. Heavenly! The darkest, smoothest chocolate filling combined with the nutty almonds baked in and the almond filling mixed in the middle. I could have another one right now just thinking about it! My mom and I also shared a ham and cheese sandwich and a bowl of gazpacho. I'm not a gazpacho expert but my mother said it was the best she's ever tasted.

Next time I go, I'm headed back for another croissant and I definitely now want to try their quiche. Oh m'goodness did the quiche look so fresh and smelled divine! Plus it was about a mile high! On my list!

There are so many places in this city I haven't tried yet, so I'm always on the hunt for new places to go. I'll definitely head back to Floriole, just to sit back and pretend like I'm in France.

 *No compensation was given for this review! I just loved the food and wanted to share it with you!

Beautiful images found here

3 comments:

  1. Floriole is one of my favorite places here in Chicago. Their bread is pretty amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all things I shouldn't be eating but all things I love!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of this food looks delicious. If I lived near by it would be difficult to stop myself from daily visits to this French bakery

    Tracy @ www.sunnydaystarrynight.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!