Monday, July 23, 2012

Just a Dream

So yesterday we went on a little garden walk of a 7 acre garden. That's right: 7 acres. I hope that pictures will help explain how gorgeous this garden is. My mom has loved this woman's garden for years and every year she opens it for hundreds to view. And lucky us we got to go yesterday!

Have you ever walked into someone's yard or someone's house and just dream about what it would be like to live there? This was definitely one of those moments.

She absolutely loves hydrangeas of all colors (just like me!)

The yard has bent grass and beautiful grass steps. And a gorgeous pool. With a gorgeous pool house. Her gardeners also have a house on her property. That's right she has a house for her gardeners!




Gardeners' House








I loved her mix of English and French garden components. She had beautiful, sprawling gardens and colorful urns but also had very sleek, minimal topiaries spread throughout. So gorgeous!

And to top it off, she had a man playing French accordion music. I literally felt like I was in a movie! It was definitely such a fun way to spend a Sunday. What a dream that would be!

Here's to a great week! How were your weekends?

10 comments:

  1. Heavens, this is really awesome. I haven't seen such garden owned by anyone in my real life. Your mother does have a great stamina to cope with all of this. Wonderful :) xx

    Sneak peek into my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is amazing! I can't imagine how it would be to live there. If I did, how great would it be to lay on a blanket and read and just look around at all of your beautiful surroundings. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this garden is so beautiful! It definitely looks like something from a movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that place is stunningly gorgeous!!! Looks like you had a beautiful day =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these pictures are absolutely gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi honey :)
    I randomly found your blog and this garden is breathtaking! I've never seen anything like that and it's so beautiful! I'm just imagining how much my dog would love this garden, she's always running around and she loves all bushes etc ;)

    have a peek at my blog, maybe?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous! And yes it happened to me that I once dreamed of a place and bam I saw it after! Beautiful feeling! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is amazing! Love the blue hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow such a beautiful home! This would be amazing to live there. Love all the photos as well.
    Carlee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They make my day and I appreciate every one!